This course will help any organisation to improve the quality of their IT Service Management. It increases understanding about ITIL® principles and terminology, and the concepts, processes, functions and activities of IT Service Transition.
The course also covers Service Transition rationale and provides the opportunity to sit the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Transition.
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
Individuals who require an in depth understanding of the ITIL® Service Transition stage of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT Service provision within an organisation
Candidates must already hold one of the following:
• ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management
• ITIL® V2 Foundation plus the Foundation Bridge Certificate
• ITIL® Expert certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service manager or Practitioner bridging routes)