The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design (SD) Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
This certification is intended to enable the holders of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management to acquire the skills needed to begin the practical application of the concepts, covered by this course, in support of the Service Management lifecycle.
90 minute mutliple choice exam with scenario based questions.
Online or paper exam.
Passmark is 70% (28/40)
The course is suitable for managers who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications, managers who require a practical understanding of the Service Design processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service within an organisation, operational staff involved in Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, and Supplier Management, who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
The Service Design qualification would suit, but is not restricted to, candidates in the following IT professions or areas:
Service Level Manager
Business Continuity Manager
Service Portfolio Manager
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service test managers and ITSM trainers.
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL CSI phase of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, a CSI environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
This list is only a guide - choices will depend on the candidate's individual career goals and objectives