The aim of the course is to improve the way any organisation delivers the ITIL® Service Lifecycle. It will increase the knowledge and understanding of terminology, processes, activities and roles.
It provides a detailed exploration of organisation and human aspects of ITIL® such as team functions and departmental operations and provides the opportunity to sit the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Strategy.
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
90 minute mutliple choice exam with scenario based questions.
Online or paper exam.
Passmark is 70% (28/40)
The course covers the management-level concepts and core information of the supporting
activities within service strategy, but not specific details about each of the supporting
The main target candidate for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes,
but is not restricted to:
- Chief information officers (CIOs)
- Chief technology officers (CTOs)
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects
- IT planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- ITSM trainers involved in the on-going management, co-ordination and integration of strategising activities within the service lifecycle
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.