Effective risk management can bring significant and far-reaching benefits to every company or organisation. M_o_R® is an internationally recognised methodology to assist you put in place effective frameworks for making informed decisions about risk. It is used by the Office of Government Commerce (UK) as the best practise in risk management. M_O_R® is aimed at anyone who has ever made an important decision. It is a robust yet adaptable framework that allows organisations to assess risk accurately. It is fully accredited by the APM Group Ltd and those who successfully pass the exam will receive the internationally recognised qualification. The exam is not compulsory.
This course will be delivered through Insights, an APMG accredited training organisation.
Exams are optional however they are required if the delegate wishes to receive an APM qualification.
The foundation exam is on day 3 (1 hour) and the practitioner exam is on day 5 (3 hours).
Foundation Exam Contains 75 questions - 70 exam questions and five trial questions. Each question covers a different syllabus topic and is worth 1 mark. The pass mark is 35. Trial questions are not scored. 60 Minute, closed book exam set by the APMG.
Practitioner Exam Contains four questions each covering a different perspective and combination of syllabus areas. Each of the four questions contains 20 question-lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. The pass mark is 40(50%). Each of the four questions will be sub-divided into parts. Each of these 'part-questions' will identify the portion of the 20 marks allocated to it.
- Team Leaders
- Business Owners
- Support Staff
- Anyone involved in making important decisions that involve a degree of risk
There are no pre-requisites for attending the course or taking the examinations.
- Learning sessions
- Individual Group exercises
- Programme-scenario based practical work.
- Instructor Led Tuition
- Examination of Case Study
- Mock examinations and feedback
- Pre-course reading, evening study and question practice will dramatically increase the likelihood of success in the examination.
- Delegates should expect to undertake 1 – 2 hours of revision work during each night of the course.
All instructors are practising Risk Managers with many years experience of dealing with risk and issues in projects of all sizes.
All instructors are themselves Registered M_o_R® Practitioners and have been approved by the APM Group to deliver the event.
Examination and Registration Fees
- The official OGC Management of Risk manual
- Pre-course instructions and essential reading
- Lunch and refreshments