This course is available as an online course, phone to enroll. This course can also be tailored to your requirements as a private course. Please contact us on +353 1 6390050 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS - DMADV) - 5-day course
Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) is a modified version of Six Sigma, specifically designed for developing a new product, service or process. On our DFSS course, you will learn how to use the DMADV methodology to reduce your company's time to develop new products and create new processes by 25 - 40 percent.
On our 5 day course you will learn how to implement the five categories of DMADV:
- Defining customer requirements and project goals
- Measuring customer specifications and needs
- Analyse the process options for the customer’s requirements
- Design the process to meet the customer’s requirements
- Verify the performance, design and ability to meet the customer’s requirements.
DFSS is a powerful tool for designing brand-new products and processes.
DFSS focuses on the needs and requirements of the customer, how to effectively apply this information in process design and to the overall product. The main goal of DFSS is to eliminate or minimise defects and potential quality problems at the root-cause level while improving the overall process effectiveness and efficiency.
Benefits of Our Course
You will learn to lead or to participate in a DFSS team and use DMADV methodology.
You will learn how to use tools such as Quality Function Development (QFD) to further help you understand customer requirements and needs.
You will learn how to reduce your companies time to market by 25 - 40 percent by ulitising DFSS methodologies.
DFSS can reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction and even gain your company more loyal customers.
- Overview of DFSS and DMAIC
- Types of DFSS
- New Product Development Methods /Typical DFSS Roadmaps
- Define Project Selection
- Benefit and Effort
- VOC and Understanding Customer Requirements and Project Goals
- Kano Model
- Project Charter
- Customer Requirements and Specifications
- Data Analysis Toolset
- Data Models
- Key Metrics/CTQs
- FMEA 1 (Failure Modes Effects Analysis)
- QFD 1 (Quality Function Deployment)
- Value Mapping
- Design of Experiments
- QFD – Quality Function Deployment
- C+E Matrix
- Hypothesis Tests
- Process Capability Analysis
- Concept Analysis
- Hypothesis Tests incl ANOVA Analysis
- Regression and DOE
- QFD 2
- Risk Assessment FMECA
- Pugh Matrix
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Pilot Build and UAT analysis and Results
- Control Plan and Measures
- Validation of Simulations
- Statistical Process Control
- Data Files
- Reporting tools
- SigmaXL 30 day trial