This course is available as a private course and can be tailored to your requirements. Please contact us on +353 1 6390050 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS - DMADV) - 3 day course
Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) is a modified version of Six Sigma, specifically designed for developing a new product, service or process. On our DFFS course, you will learn how to use the DMADV methodology to reduce your company's time to develop new products and create new processes by 25 - 40 percent.
On our 3 day course you will learn how to implement the five categories of DMADV:
- Defining customer requirements and project goals
- Measuring customer specifications and needs
- Analyse the process options for the customer’s requirements
- Design the process to meet the customer’s requirements
- Verify the performance, design and ability to meet the customer’s requirements.
DFSS is a powerful tool for designing brand-new products and processes.
DFSS focuses on the needs and requirements of the customer, how to effectively apply this information in process design and to the overall product. The main goal of DFSS is to eliminate or minimise defects and potential quality problems at the root-cause level while improving the overall process effectiveness and efficiency.
Benefits of Our Course
You will learn to lead or to participate in a DFSS team and use DMADV methodology.
You will learn how to use tools such as Quality Function Development (QFD) to further help you understand customer requirements and needs.
You will learn how to reduce your companies time to market by 25 - 40 percent by ulitising DFSS methodologies.
DFSS can reduce costs, improve customer satisfaction and even gain your company more loyal customers.
This course is suitable for Product & Process Design Engineers, Quality Professionals, Quality Engineers, Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Supervisors, DFSS leaders and members. It is also ideal for those who have completed a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Course and looking to enhance their problem solving skills with Six Sigma based designing skills.
The course is also suitable to those who have also completed a Green Belt Training Course.
Upon successful completion, including the Quizzes, you will receive a 'Design for Six Sigma' Certificate.
- Introduction – from 9:00 to 11:00
- House keeping and how to use this course and Quizzes
- Introducing Design for Six Sigma
- DFSS and DMAIC
- Various groups of DFSS
- Define – from 11:15 to 13:00
- Project selection
- Project Charter
- Project Tracking toolset
- VOC and Understanding the Customer
- Measure – from 14:00 to 16:00
- Data tracking toolset
- Data models
- Concepts – from 9:00 to 11:00
- Quality Function Deployment
- Core principles and Pugh Matrix
- Process Capability
- Analyse – from 11:15 to 13:00
- Statistical Process Control
- Design – from 14:00 to 16:00
- Analysing designs
- Predictive Analysis (Regression, Monte Carlo Simulation)
- FMEA (Failure mode & effect analysis)
- Process reliability
- Exercise & Quiz
- Design - from 9:00 – 13:00
- Building a process Model
- Predicting process performing using Simulation
- Practical Monte Carlo Simulation and Regression
- Customer Specification optimisation
- Exercise & Quiz
- Verify – from 14:00 to 16:00
- Rollout Pilot
- Measure Pilot results and adjust
- Control Plan
- Tracking Dashboard
- Final Quiz and course completion