This course is available as an online course, phone to enroll. This course can also be tailored to your requirements as a private course. Please contact us on +353 1 6390050 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Management - The Basics for New Project Managers
***This course is currently available on the 3 for 2 promotion***.
To avail of your free course place, you book two delegates for the same course & date and your 3rd delegate can join in for absolutely FREE!
So - you want to be a Project Manager? Good decision.
Managing a Project (even a small one) so that everything stays on track & is delivered on time and within budget can be challenging.
Even for people with experience.
This practical 1 day workshop will get you started. It is designed to convey the essentials of good project management practice and to provide confidence to those starting out in a new project management role.
There are no prerequisites. This course is suitable for anybody who is new to Project Management.
On this course, you will learn about key Project Management principles & techniques.You will leave at the end of the day feeling you have a better understanding of what is required of a good Project Manager. And how to go about managing your project with more confidence.
This course focuses on real-world tools and practical techniques (rather than on specific certifications and methodologies - we have courses for these too if you would like to progress down the formal Certification route afterwards).
By the end of this 1 day course you will have learned:
- Key words in the language of projects
- PM philosophies & principles (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- The Triple Constraint “Law” (Time, Cost, Scope)
- Stages in the Project Lifecyle & practical tips for typical situations
- Roles & Responsibilities in a Project Team
- Techniques for Stakeholder Engagement, Communications, Negotiation
- Ways to handle the human side of project management
- The necessity for agreeing the Scope and defining the Project
- How to create a Project Plan
- How to manage Risks, Change, Quality and Issues
- How to address Execution, Reporting and Managing Your Resources
- How to perform Benefits Realisation
- What’s involved in Project Closure & Lessons Learned
- as well as really useful advise for any new project manager from a practicing & highly experienced Project Manager
When you have had some time to put your new skills in to practice, you may be interested in some of our other courses:
PRINCE2 - Foundation Certificate - see https://trigraph.ie/courses/prince2-foundation-certification/
Building & Running a PMO
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) - Foundation Certificate