This course is available as a private course and can be tailored to your requirements. Please contact us on +353 1 6390050 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Why is it that some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions while others find this feat nearly impossible? You’ve no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that.” But you didn’t.
The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, facts and knowledge can only go so far.
By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family, or friends), anyone can expand the range of solutions available.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to do just that.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- What is Problem Solving?
- Problem Solving Styles
- The Problem Solving Model
- Six Ways to Approach a Decision
- The Problem Solving Toolkit
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Decision Making Case Study
- Workshop Wrap-Up
Suitable for people whose role involves solving problems and making decisions in the workplace.
Workshop Objectives include:
- Increase awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem.
- Improve problem solving and decision making skills by identifying individual problem solving styles.
- Think creatively and work towards creative solutions.
- Recognize the top ten rules of good decision-making.