This course is available as a private course and can be tailored to your requirements. Please contact us on +353 1 6390050 for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resilience (or resiliency) is our ability to adapt and bounce back when things don't go as planned.
How we view adversity and stress strongly affects how we succeed and this is one of the most important reasons that having a resilient mind-set is so important.
In this highly practical workshop, we'll examine resilience: what it is, why we need it, and how to develop it; so that we have the strength and fortitude to overcome adversity, and to keep on moving forward towards our goals and our dreams.
We should have the courage to go after our goals and dreams, despite the fact is that we're going to fail from time to time. Being resilient does not mean that a person doesn't experience difficulty or distress. It means that when we do fail or have set-backs, we can bounce back, we have developed the strength and skills to learn the lessons we need to learn, and we can move on to bigger and better things.
Resilience is not a trait that people either have or do not have. It involves behaviours, thoughts and actions that can be learned and developed by anyone. There is an increasing weight of scientific evidence suggesting that anyone can develop resilience skills through an appropriate training intervention.
Resilience is best thought of as a learnable process of coping rather than a character trait.
This course is suitable for anybody, in any career discipline, who wants to understand and develop resilience in their professional and personal lives.
- What is resilience?
- Understanding pressure v stress
- Dealing with Stressful Situations
- Beliefs, values, and errors in thinking
- The Five-Step Plan for Goal Setting and Committed Action
- Adaptability – identifying what has helped in the past
- Strengths and skills to develop to enhance out resilience
- Ways to improve your work life balance
- Self-help strategies
By the end of this session, you will:
- Understand what resilience is through exploring the key components; purposefulness, adaptability, confidence, and social supports
- Understand the personal and professional benefits of developing resilience
- Understand the differences between pressure and stress
- Have an increased awareness, knowledge, and strategies to deal with stress & setbacks more effectively
- be able to identify thinking patterns which will help you to deal with setbacks positively
- have learned skills and techniques to help you overcome and grow from setbacks, by understanding them in the context of challenge, commitment, and personal control
- have learned to use a variety of self-help techniques to develop personal resilience, including building self-confidence, setting goals, and raising thought awareness
Please note that In-House courses can be tailored to meet your specific needs. The content outlined above is a typical content for a 1 day standard course,
Please contact us at email@example.com or phone us at +353 1 6390050 - we'll be delighted to help you.
You may also like:
- Managing & Resolving Conflict
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills